NVISO is a pure-play cyber security consulting firm: our team is composed of security professionals who each have their specific field of expertise, ranging from Information Security Governance, Risk & Compliance to Incident Response, Penetration Testing, Software Security, and Training & Awareness. This fantastic blend of skills enables us to help organizations prevent, detect, and respond to complex security challenges.
NVISO is also known as a Belgian Cyber Security start-up: through our active investment in Research & Development and partnerships with Belgian academic players, we are investigating emerging threats and trends, refining our techniques and developing innovative products that make NVISO a unique player in the market.
NVISO is looking for a new colleague for its Cyber Strategy practice. This specific position is open to experienced professionals with at least 2 years of relevant experience; the notion of relevant experience can be interpreted broadly, but ideally includes IT and/or security experience in a consulting and/or audit role.
As a Cyber Strategy consultant, you will assist our smaller and larger customers with the overall reinforcement of their security posture. Typical engagements include (but are certainly not limited to):
- Defining a Security Strategy, supported by a corporate threat assessment in collaboration with key stakeholders in the organization;
- Assisting IT or security teams with the implementation of strategic security projects, acting as an interim security officer. You may be supported by other NVISO experts, or work in full integration with the client organization;
- Implementing or refining our client’s security governance, including decision-making mechanisms, security policies, and norms or security management processes and procedures;
- Executing risk assessments and elaborating action plans in concertation with internal and external stakeholders;
- Assisting in reaching or maintaining compliance to information security legal, contractual, or internal requirements;
- Defining or testing crisis management, business continuity, or disaster recovery planning;
- Raising the awareness of staff or management on cyber threat through classic or innovative awareness initiatives.
We work both for very large and very small organizations that all have one thing in common: a keen interest in making significant progress in their protection against current and emerging cyber threats.
You have affinities with cyber security, and you believe the following to be applicable to you:
- You have experience in Information Technology Consulting or Audit, or in any other position that you believe has equipped you with the skills, the mindset and the knowledge to support our team;
- You have a Bachelor or a Master’s degree. Your education is not required to be in IT or technology, however you should have some affinity with technology;
- You are fluent in English, Dutch, and French;
- You are used to operating with a great deal of autonomy, but also appreciate the value of team work;
- You are a “people person”: a good communicator and concerned about your co-workers;
- You have proven project management skills;
- You are results-oriented and able to deliver within preset deadlines. You value quality and client satisfaction above all, and appreciate the value of outstanding deliverables.
- Experience in the Financial, Defense, or Technology sectors are a plus;
- Relevant professional certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CRISC, ITIL, Prince 2, PMBOK, ISO270001 Lead Implementer, …) are a plus; involvement in professional organizations (e.g. ISACA, BruCON, Agoria, … ) is also an asset;
- Knowledge of foreign languages or cultures is a plus: we welcome people with diverse backgrounds.
We strongly believe your motivation is the key to success in our line of work. For this reason, we are committed to offering you an attractive package including financial and non-financial components:
- A highly competitive salary with the some very interesting perks:
- Company Car (free to choose, taking into account car policy & allocated budget);
- Phone & subscription (high-end smartphone);
- Hospital & group insurance.
- A yearly training budget, with great flexibility for choosing trainings as long as they contribute to your personal development;
- An entrepreneurial and agile company, where you will be stimulated and supported in driving new initiatives (either internally in driving the organization or externally in our service offering);
- Our commitment to coach and counsel you and help you grow.